If you’re looking for a scone recipe that’s not too sweet and a bit savoury (and not cheesy because for some reason searching up “Savoury Scones” always leads to cheese scone results) try something different and make these easy Gluten-Free Lemon-Rosemary Scones made with Namaste Foods Muffin & Scone Mix. The perfect gluten-free option for a light tea-time snack or a simple and comforting breakfast.
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 box Namaste Foods Muffin & Scone Mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 tbsp. cold butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten (egg wash)
- Pour scone mix into a large bowl. Cut 8 tbsp. of cold butter into the mix until it is somewhat crumbly, add beaten eggs, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, rosemary and stir until just combined.
- Gradually add milk until just combined, ensuring your mixture is moist and tacky but not too wet and sticky
- Shape your mixture into 8 discs or cut into 8 wedges
- Brush your scones with an egg wash and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake your scones for 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven temperature
Enjoy your gluten-free scones warm with some butter or jam and a nice cuppa tea!
Click here to enter the GIVEAWAY for Namaste Foods products!